Saturday, December 04, 2004

Editor's Comments: About this Blog.

I have been getting some very positive feedback about my written accounts of Mulawin episodes in this blog. Some are from our kababayan who have migrated overseas and are no longer able to watch the show. Others do not get to watch Mulawin regularly due to work-schedule or school. Still others watch every episode, but still like to read what is written here.

  • If you are one of those who enjoy these write-ups, then I am happy to be of service to you. I would just like to make a few reminders to avoid misunderstanding. Please note that these accounts are unofficial. They are not "screenplays" or scripts directly from the hands of the writers. Because of this, these summaries are not to be taken as exact transcripts of the episodes. It is humanly impossible for me to make them exact, since memory stretches only so far and I do everything from meory. Further, these are English translations. As any translator knows, no two languages are quite the same, and it is often difficult to make a literal translation without losing the fluidity of the original. Sometimes, a literal rendition is just unacceptable, and the translator has to find an alternative. The Mulawin program is copyrighted. It is the property of its producers and of the GMA 7 network. I am NOT affiliated with GMA 7 in any way. These episode-accounts in the VIOLET channel were created for one reason ONLY: to inform viewers who miss the episodes of what they've missed. Please do not distribute these summaries in any way whatsoever without my consent! And please, DO NOT reprint or distribute this for commercial purposes. If you read these guides and notice some incidents or dialogues in the show missing, then it is either I forgot to include them or I judged it was best to omit them. It is really impossible to make this an exact and complete written account. Let's hope GMA 7 does release the whole series in DVD/VCD when it wraps up. :) Lastly, I know that I can never do justice to a story and its characters written and conceived by other writers. It is not mine; it is theirs. The story of Mulawin belongs first to the writers, the directors, and the actors who give them life, as well as the technical crew and the producers. I do this for the pure love of the show and of writing. I'm happy that it's not only fun, it's useful too. :)

Mabuhay, kapuso!

 

6 Comments:

Blogger djbrix said...

Ok, South Rock, that's the reason why I asked permission to you earlier before I tried to post it on my webpage. One thing that I forgot yung paglagay ang "UNOFFICIAL" na term, sorry for that. Maybe one of these days eh ma-edit ko ulit yung webpage ko at mailagay ko na dun yung unofficial, baka ma demanda tayo eh...

One thing, do you think, "Spirits" is a threat sa Mulawin? Being honest lang ha, na-engganyo ako sa trailer, take not "TRAILER, lang... although it's an obvious copy of Kakaba-kaba or Spirit Warriors.

And hey, putting the Tagubas in the scene makes it very more impressive at masarap panoorin. Princess Punzalan, naku, the best... Mulawin pa rin...

And about yung Noel na malapit na raw ipapalabas? Antagal nang na shooting nun diba? Kelan kaya yun? At least hindi lang Fantasy ang napapnood natin sa TV, hindi lang naman sa Pantasya umiikot ang Mundo.

Well,southrock, thanks and have a nice day...

12/04/2004 02:20:00 PM  
Blogger djbrix said...

Ok, South Rock, that's the reason why I asked permission to you earlier before I tried to post it on my webpage. One thing that I forgot yung paglagay ang "UNOFFICIAL" na term, sorry for that. Maybe one of these days eh ma-edit ko ulit yung webpage ko at mailagay ko na dun yung unofficial, baka ma demanda tayo eh...

One thing, do you think, "Spirits" is a threat sa Mulawin? Being honest lang ha, na-engganyo ako sa trailer, take not "TRAILER, lang... although it's an obvious copy of Kakaba-kaba or Spirit Warriors.

And hey, putting the Tagubas in the scene makes it very more impressive at masarap panoorin. Princess Punzalan, naku, the best... Mulawin pa rin...

And about yung Noel na malapit na raw ipapalabas? Antagal nang na shooting nun diba? Kelan kaya yun? At least hindi lang Fantasy ang napapnood natin sa TV, hindi lang naman sa Pantasya umiikot ang Mundo.

Well,southrock, thanks and have a nice day...

12/04/2004 02:20:00 PM  
Blogger South Rock said...

Hi DJ Brix!

Thanks for your comments. I think what we're doing online is okay so far. I'm sure they'll understand (if they don't know about it yet) that we do this for those who mis the episodes. While GMA has yet to launch its international channel, people there won't be able to watch Mulawin. Once that channel is launched and Mulawin goes on air there, and DVD/VCD version of the series is released (hopefully!), then I think we should pull out the narratives.

You can see that the narratives prior to October are largely incomplete. I've had no time to write about the first 2-3 months' worth of episodes because of time-limits. I still hope to be able to do this, though.

I saw "Spirits" being promoted in "Morning Star." I've seen the trailer too. Personally, I think the concept is good, kind of like "X-Men." They are teens with uncanny powers. And it seems to be a horror-suspense genre they are spawning now. Isn't that good, para may competition naman? Don't get me wrong, fellas. I love Mulawin with all my might. But competition is good for everyone, most especially the audiences so that they'll have a choice.

I think GMA 7 will be keeping an eye on "Spirits." It's possible that it will "click" because the heroes are teens. It's a very teen-oriented show, and since viewers are mostly the young, the show could win a very strong following. But "Spirits" needs to have a good storyline and SFX to keep it up.

I hope, for the sake of "Mulawin," that writers don't mess up the story or add lots of crazy twists to it in an attempt to "outdo" the new show. I have confidence in the Mulawin team, and of course, I will continue to support them. I'll check out "Spirits," pero kung ipagsasabay nila 'yon, Mulawin pa rin ako. :)

I like Princess Punzalan in her role as the chief of the Amazons. Is that Christine Reyes as Estrella? Or am I mistaken? She's a good actress. And yes, DJ Brix, I believe that Rasmus had the men abducted to turn them into Ravena. Like I said before, siguro pati mga babaing-ibon nakalimutan nilang tangayin nong mab-rebelde yung mga Ravena. So, Rasmus had to kidnap not just men, but a woman for a queen.

Take care and keep on posting! :) And thanks to streetstopper for the screengrabs!

12/05/2004 11:10:00 AM  
Blogger streetstopper said...

yep, it's christine all right.

with her being a bratinella (have you seen her in extra challenge?) she could be a very good challenger to maningning's throne.

12/05/2004 05:41:00 PM  
Blogger South Rock said...

Hi Streetstopper,

Yes, I do watch ExCha often. I saw that challenge. Sabi ko nga po sa ExCha blog, palibhasa Ravena yang si Christine e. :) But I think she's a promising actress, kahit medyo may ugali.

No news about "Noel," dbjbrix.

12/05/2004 06:11:00 PM  
Blogger Splasher said...

Noel is about an angel so I think it still has a fantasy component. It's where Tanya Garcia will go since she's dead in Mulawin already. She is not the angel. The show might take the place of StarStruck or Forever in My Heart once these shows are over (February or April 2005).

Ederic reads the Mulawin blog and he works in GMA 7. You can try to email him to know GMA's stand on fansites. Click his name to check his profile page.

12/05/2004 08:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Surf safe and secure. Get Firefox now.

Latest Topics